To learn more about the Principled Societies Project and local currencies, including the Token Exchange System, please read some of the articles published by John Boik.
The following articles stem from John’s 2012 book, Creating Sustainable Societies, and so are a bit outdated. That book has been expanded and revised; a new version is released in 2014 under the title Economic Direct Democracy.
- Weathering Climate Change: The Role of Local Currencies, Stanford Social Innovation Review, February, 2013
- Can local currencies help advance global sustainability?, The Guardian: Sustainable Business, February, 2013
- New Approaches to Finance Sustainability: Local Currencies and the Token Exchange System, Sustainablog, January, 2013
- Can Local Currencies be the Foundation for the Sharing Economy?, Shareable, January, 2013
- Local Currency Supports Resilient Cities: The Polis Blog, January, 2013