The following articles stem from John Boik’s 2012 book, Creating Sustainable Societies, and so are a bit outdated. That book has been greatly expanded and revised, and released as a new book in 2014 under the title Economic Direct Democracy.
- Weathering Climate Change: The Role of Local Currencies, Stanford Social Innovation Review, February, 2013
- Can local currencies help advance global sustainability?, The Guardian: Sustainable Business, February, 2013
- New Approaches to Finance Sustainability: Local Currencies and the Token Exchange System, Sustainablog, January, 2013
- Can Local Currencies be the Foundation for the Sharing Economy?, Shareable, January, 2013
- Local Currency Supports Resilient Cities: The Polis Blog, January, 2013